New house and New Book!

Rainbow over Bulbarrow

Mr S and I have now moved to our new home. It’s the wettest summer ever, but that does make for the odd rainbow. We don’t have anything fancy like curtains yet, so dawn (and next door’s cockerel) wakes us and we watch the morning light rise behind the hill.

At my desk I’m busy finishing the new book which is called ‘The Gallery of Vanished Husbands’. It’s coming along nicely and I’m managing not to be too distracted by the arrival of things like a custom dresser for the kitchen. When I say ‘custom’, I mean we found it in a vintage market in Bridport, and when it was delivered discovered that our measurements were off by about 4inches. The bottom had to be sawn off – so now it fits perfectly.

So, I’m playing house in the real world and in my imagination…

20 Responses to “New house and New Book!”

1. Kate says:

ooh – is that your view! Superb! Hope you’re all settling in well and I can’t wait for your new book!

2. Sharron Burgess says:

Now I am so happy to hear that you are working on a new book !!
    Enjoy your new home and know you have made my day on this 12th day of July 2012!!

3. Marg says:

Love the title of the next book!

4. Pat Kahl says:

I have just finished reading,Mr Rosenbloom Dreams in English. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed this book! I am 61 years old and think this is obe of the best I have ever read! Thank you so much, I look forward to reading more of your books. You have such a gift. I live in Ohio but have always loved stories based in England. I hope you have many happy years in your new house. Pat Kahl

5. Millie Mastrion says:

I so loved this touching story of courage and love against all odds. I can’t wait to read more of your stories.

6. Beautiful!

Looking forward to the book very much.

7. Barbara McGehee says:

Beautiful, just like The House at Tyneford. Please tell me the book will be made into a movie. I loved that book. Your writing made me feel like I was on the beach, in the home, in the attic bedroom and on the terrace. I CANNOT wait for your next book.

8. Chantal Despontin says:

Hello, I’ve just finished, and loved so much The House at Tyneford. I’ve just bought Mr Rosenbloom Dreams in English.
    I read you in french. Do you know that in the french version of the House, p. 294 suddainly Poppy changes of name and becomes “Polly”… just for a page?
    :-)
    Please write again a lot of so beautiful books! Thank you!

9. Christine K. RĂ¼disser says:

Hello, a wonderful place you are privileged to live……I would like to have a cottage in South England…I am a German Girl living in Vienna and love your books….and looking forward to your new book!!!

10. Ingrid Wickham says:

What a fab book! I don’t think I’ve ever cried this much while reading! Good luck with all your future novels!

11. Linda Lung says:

Just finished The House at Tyneford. What a great book. I did not want it to end. I love anything involving England, manor houses and countrysides. Thanks for writing such a wonderful story.

12. Lyn McGinnis says:

I absolutely loved this novel – I did not want it to end. I look forward to your next book xx

13. Adam Shaw says:

As with Rose-In-Bloom just read “Tyneford” in three large glutenous gulps.
    My… how well you write, how gently you treat the human race.
    And the last page, the concert… Like a shadow of love with a taste of forever

14. Doreen Pride says:

Just finished (with tears) the Novel in the Viola.what a beautiful read!

I visited Tyneham some years ago and was most moved by the fresh flowers placed on the altar in the locked church.

Thank you for the pleasure of a lovely book.

15. Anonymous says:

Ms. Solomon, I am in the middle of Mr.Rosenblum Dreams in English. Having grandparents from a shetyl in Poland who came to the U.S. in 1908, I very much identify with Rosenblum, with a thick accent never to be overcome, with the prejudice that weighs one down and diminishes ones optimism and ebullience. My grandfather used to sit in his comfortable chair and sing, in a beautiful baritone, songs in Russian, Polish and Yiddish. Tears would run down his face. He was an angel to me in my youth when I’d stay with him during summers, traveling around New England buying and selling cows. He started as a junk man with a horse and wagon and ended a multi-millionaire. His optimism, warmth and kindness profoundly affected my life.
    Thank you for your book. I read it and cry thinking of my grandfather.
    Dan Dworkin

16. dan dworkin says:

Forgot to leave my email. Dan Dworkin

17. Janet Sutton says:

I am thrilled to hear a new book is on its way. I adored both Mr Rosenbaum’s List and The Novel in the Viola (both of which I’ve bought for Christmas and birthday presents several times over). I can’t wait – hurrah – and thank you. :)

18. Terri Weiss says:

I am the leader of our next bookclub. We have just read the House at Tynford. Is this a story based on your relatives? Could you share any tidbits of information that I could share with my bookclub? I would love any information that you could share about your life and how you came to write this book! Thanks so much

19. Mary Berdan says:

I’m responding to your offer in the wonderful”…House at Tyneford,” to hear the music played by “Alice’s” niece. A friend just loaned me the book! I am now ordering, “Mr. Rosenblum Dreams in English” (just as Eisa learned to do!). Is the music no longer availble?

20. I am in sync with the concepts proposed by this post. Although, occasionally my particular experience has been different. Thanks, Ms. Dickes